Department: Cost Outlier
Staff Title: Coding Processor
Reports to: Assistant Director
Working Conditions: Full time (M-F) Office and Community Business Settings
Position Summary: Assist the Assistant Director of Cost Outlier with the daily grouping.
- Visual and Auditory comprehension & function for written & verbal
- Manual Dexterity with ability to use computers and other office equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to access various settings, negotiate architectural barriers (i.e. stairs) in office and community settings
- Ability to use Public Transportation to commute to work
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, College education a plus
- Prior work experience in a medical office setting
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and complete tasks independently
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must have basic computer skills
- Knowledge in medical terminology a coding a plus
- Preferred knowledge of working with WebStrat, WinStrat and 3M
Job Responsibilities: This list does not represent all responsibilities for this position. Candidate must understand and be willing and able to assume roles and responsibilities other than these to meet the needs of the department and NYCHSRO/MedReview in general.
- Review emails from Cost Outlier staff or UHC to respond to their grouping inquiries
- Assist Assistant Director of Cost Outlier with daily Grouping of Outlier claims
- Review UHC inquiries to be answered in two days’ time
- Performs additional duties as assigned
I acknowledge receipt of Job Description.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefit package.
Should you have interest in any of the above positions, please email or fax your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax to: 212-897-6050
E-mail to: email@example.com (you may click on this link to send)
(Please attach resume in MS Word or WordPerfect format)
For information on how to apply for this position, click here.