Manager of Medical Record Retention
Staff Title: Manager of Medical Record Retention
Reports to: Senior VP Review Operations and Client Development
Working Conditions: Full time (M-F) Office Business Setting
Position Summary – The Manager of Medical Record Retention is responsible for managing the daily scheduling of the ROI, Mailroom and Scanning Staff to ensure that the facilities have sufficient coverage. The Manager will act as the liaison between MedReview Operations, IT/MIS and Leadership teams to ensure that all ROI activities are compliant with established client policies, federal and state regulations and are completed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s and/or Associates Degree in Health Information Management, Business Administration or health related field or equivalent experience is required
- 2-3 years supervisory/management experience in healthcare/health plan setting required.
- Experience monitoring operational workflows and evaluate trend/performance status
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy information standards required
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and complete tasks independently
- Demonstrates excellence in written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other business software. Previous experience handling medical records is a plus.
- ROI or HIM experience required
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skill
- Hands on management of the Medical Record Retention department
- Accountable for day to day operations of the Mail Room, Scanning and ROI departments
Job Responsibilities: This list does not represent all responsibilities for this position. Candidate must understand and be willing and able to assume roles and responsibilities other than these to meet the needs of the Medical Record Retention Department and NYCHSRO in general.
- Manage workflow among employees to ensure maximum productivity and quality standards are met. Prioritizes work to ensure completion of designated area’s responsibilities functions.
- Creates and analyze key performance reports.
- Adjusts work assignments as needed to cover peak periods, leave and vacancies
- Provides coverage in event of backlogs, illness, vacation or leave of absence of staff
- Performs Quality Assurance monitoring of work performance for the ROI Specialists
- Conducts productivity and work performance reviews for ROI Specialists in accordance policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Monitors performance and provides performance feedback and evaluations for ROI, Mailroom and Scanning Specialists
- Performs ROI and Scanning tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Should you have interest in the above position, please email or fax your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax to: 212-897-6050
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (you may click on this link to send)
(Please attach resume in MS Word or WordPerfect format)
For information on how to apply for this position, click here.